Senior Field Application Engineer
Sensirion stands for state-of-the-art technology, innovation and outstanding performance. The Swiss company is the global leader for environmental and flow sensors, and internationally successful. Sensirion Inc. is a sales office in the US.
Support us as we seek to satisfy our demanding customers and meet their requirements together with the various departments at the headquarters. Become part of the story.
The Senior Field Applications Engineer (SR-FAE) is responsible for supporting customers' successful implementation of our environmental monitoring systems and solutions. This position requires a strong working knowledge of electrical engineering (HW and SW), mechanical engineering as well as data analysis capabilities to be able to support optimization and onsite trouble-shooting of field-installed products. You will expand your knowledge and skill-set with different applications and products through this position, and develop relationships with some of the best and most talented engineers in the industry.
- Be an expert on Sensirion's environmental monitoring systems and how to use and support them successfully in our targeted applications
- Lead onsite evaluations and customer pilot projects for the successful deployment of Sensirion's environmental monitoring systems (primarily in the US and Canada, but possibly also in South and Central America)
- Collaborate globally with customer R&D, FAE and Key Account Management team to execute action items and support customer projects
- Travel approximately 60% (as needed) visiting customers, but also, to US Headquarters in Chicago and Switzerland for meetings as required
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (EE or ME preferred), or Physics. Master's degree is desirable (but not required).
- Design and hands-on experience using test equipment, and related instrumentation (oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, soldering/de-soldering station, data acquisition systems, signal processing, environmental chambers, etc.)
- 5+ years of Field Applications Engineering or equivalent experience, with demonstrated success in supporting on-site testing and installation at remote customer sites
- Experience or knowledge of sensors, radio/connectivity, solar power and battery operation in IoT systems. Prior experience supporting programs in the oil and gas industry is desirable (but not required)
About SensirionSensirion is one of the most popular employers in Switzerland and Europe. Today, around 800 employees worldwide do their utmost with expertise and passion to stay one step ahead. The common goal: creating sustainable change with innovative sensor solutions. Millions of our sensors are used all over the world, including in the automotive, medical technology and consumer goods industries, helping advance the continuous improvement of health, comfort and energy efficiency. The unique corporate culture is based on the values "fair & honest", "together" and "top performance" and forms the basis of all the company's innovations, its constant success and its growth.
Learn more about Sensirion:
www.sensirion.com/career Apply now