Field Application Engineer West Coast
Sensirion stands for state-of-the-art technology, innovation and outstanding performance. The Swiss company is the global leader for environmental and flow sensors, and internationally successful. Sensirion Inc. is a sales office in the US.
Support us as we seek to satisfy our demanding customers and meet their requirements together with the various departments at the headquarters. Become part of the story.
The Field Application Engineer (FAE) position is a vital role and is responsible for supporting customers' successful implementation of our MEMs sensors and solutions. This position requires a strong working knowledge of electrical engineering (HW and SW), as well as mechanical engineering to be able to support optimization of their design in their application. Since sensors are critical for providing input data to making everything 'smart', you will expand your knowledge and skill set with many different applications and products through this position, and develop relationships with some of the best and most talented engineers in the industry.
- Collaborate global activities with customer R&D, Sensirion Global FAE team, Product Management, Key Account Managers, Distribution, Area Sales Managers, Sales Reps, etc. to execute action items and support customer projects
- Support customer R&D, evaluation, and technical support (as required) in our Chicago lab and/or in your own min-lab.
- Support West Coast customers mainly, but maybe required to occasionally support other North American (US, Canada, Mexico) and South American (Brazil) customers as needed
- Travel approximately 30% (as needed) visiting customers, but also, to US Headquarter in Chicago and Switzerland for meetings as required
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (EE or ME preferred), or Physics
- Design or hands-on experience using test equipment (oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, soldering/de-soldering station, data acquisition systems, signal processing, environmental chambers, etc.)
- 3-5 years engineering or technical support experience
- Experience or knowledge of sensors, MEMS, or semiconductors, possibly in IoT or "Maker World" with Raspberry Pi, or Arduino, Atmel, etc. is desirable
About SensirionSensirion is one of the most popular employers in Switzerland and Europe. Today, around 800 employees worldwide do their utmost with expertise and passion to stay one step ahead. The common goal: creating sustainable change with innovative sensor solutions. Millions of our sensors are used all over the world, including in the automotive, medical technology and consumer goods industries, helping advance the continuous improvement of health, comfort and energy efficiency. The unique corporate culture is based on the values "fair & honest", "together" and "top performance" and forms the basis of all the company's innovations, its constant success and its growth.
Learn more about Sensirion:
www.sensirion.com/career Apply now